Piedmont Regional Education Program
The Piedmont Regional Education Program (PREP) is a public regional organization designed to meet the needs of special education students. PREP is located in Charlottesville, Virginia at the foothills of the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains. Charlottesville is home to the University of Virginia, founded by Thomas Jefferson, and is a vibrant city for the arts as well as having an acclaimed medical community.
PREP was established in 1975 and now provides special education programming and related services to nine school districts under an umbrella of a regional program. The districts served are: Charlottesville City, Albemarle, Culpeper, Fluvanna, Greene, Louisa, Madison, Nelson, Orange and Rappahannock County School Districts.
PREP provides services for low incidence special education students. These services are:
- Ivy Creek School (serving K-12 students with emotional disabilities)
- Program for Severe/Profound/Multiple Disabilities and Autism
- Program for Emotional Disabilities within base schools
- Hearing Impaired Program
- Vision and Mobility
- Adaptive Physical Education
- Related Service areas: Occupational/Physical Therapy, Assistive Technology, Behavior/Autism
PREP also supports a Parent Resource Center which provides information for parents of students with special needs.
Dr. Toni Elitharp Executive Director
225 Lambs Lane
Charlottesville, VA 22901